[NFBK] FW: LG&E and KU - Remote Customer Solutions Representative

Lonnie Swafford - NFBKY lonnie.swafford at nfbofky.org
Fri Mar 1 19:02:29 UTC 2024

Please make others aware of this great opportunity and feel free to contact
me or have others to do the same with questions or to let me know they have
submitted an application.

Lonnie T. Swafford - Board Member

National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky

Remote Customer Solutions Representative

*         10569

*         LG&E and KU Services Company

*         Broadway Office Complex-3

*         Louisville, Kentucky

*         Customer Service

*         Full-Time

Job Description

Company Summary Statement

Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company, part of
the PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) family of companies, are regulated utilities
that serve more than 1.3 million customers and have consistently ranked
among the best companies for customer service in the United States. LG&E
serves 334,000 natural gas and 433,000 electric customers in Louisville and
16 surrounding counties. KU serves 569,000 customers in 77 Kentucky counties
and five counties in Virginia. LG&E and KU are major employers and active
supporters of the communities they serve. They empower employees, community
members and initiatives across their service territory through volunteerism
and investments in organizations that support education, sustainability and
wellbeing.
Overview

Who We Are

When you join LG&E and KU, you'll be part of an award-winning team that
delivers exceptional service to 1.3 million customers in KY and VA. We
operate remotely from 4 contact centers across the state and are committed
to providing safe, reliable, sustainable energy to our customers. Our
culture, based on listening to our customers and empowered employees
delivering solutions through exceptional service, is the key to our success.

What We Are Looking For

LG&E and KU is looking for a Customer Solutions Representative to join our
customer care team in a remote or on-site role, supporting our residential
customers. This individual helps us deliver on our mission to provide best
in class service by guiding customers through their challenges and solving
problems.

Who We're Looking For

We're looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
with us. We're looking for:

*	A proactive, solution-oriented decision maker with capacity to take
ownership of resolving the customer issue and act as an advocate
*	A strong ability to ask questions and think critically to uncover
root cause of customer issue

Natural tendency to quickly problem-solve in the most stressful situations

*	A "can-do" attitude and positive personality with great verbal and
written communication
*	Capability to learn new systems and tools in a fast-paced
environment

What's In It for You?

You don't have to be an expert to become one! Bring your passion for people
and problem solving, and we'll invest in you to take care of the rest.

Join our team to enjoy:

*	Competitive Compensation starting at $16+ per hour
*	Benefits - Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and
retirement savings 401k matching, with health benefits starting on day 1
*	Paid holidays, vacations, personal days, and wellness breaks
*	Full time remote work available, with the option to work in one of
our 4 contact centers
*	All workstation and peripheral equipment provided for remote work
*	Professional Development - Internal career pathing with mentorship,
networking, performance recognition, and advancement opportunities
*	Community Involvement - Interest groups for employees with shared
interests

#LGE-KU

Responsibilities

What You'll Do

A day in the life of a Customer Solutions Representative is fast-paced and
highly-variable based on customer volume and demand. The Customer Solutions
Representative is an individual contributor tasked with providing LG&E and
KU's highest caliber of customer service through direct interactions.

*	Respond and resolve inquiries during the first contact, assisting
customers by negotiating payment plans, answering billing questions,
initiating service orders, taking reports of outages, safely handling
natural gas calls, as well as researching and analysis of customer account
history understanding monthly energy consumption and regulated rates
*	Educate customers about LG&E and KU processes, policies,
regulations, and customer tools delivering a positive customer experience
*	Adhere to a specific daily schedule including start and end times,
scheduled breaks, and lunches
*	Training will be 8 AM - 5 PM. Once training is complete, all new
Customer Solutions Representatives start working 10 AM - 7 PM, with the
opportunity to bid on other shifts
*	Mandatory overtime is regularly scheduled to meet service level
goals
*	On-call responsibilities and response to outage events is required

Qualifications

Who We're Looking For

We're looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
with us. We're looking for:

*	A proactive, solution-oriented decision maker with capacity to take
ownership of resolving the customer issue and act as an advocate
*	A strong ability to ask questions and think critically to uncover
root cause of customer issue

Natural tendency to quickly problem-solve in the most stressful situations

*	A "can-do" attitude and positive personality with great verbal and
written communication
*	Capability to learn new systems and tools in a fast-paced
environment

Must have a minimum internet speed of at least 7 mbps upload and minimum of
at least 20 mbps download.

Education and Experience

*	High school diploma or equivalent required
*	Customer service or retail experience is always a plus
*	Must live within 2 hours of one of our four call center locations
*	Proficiency with MS Office and basic math skills

Apply <https://careers-pplweb.icims.com/jobs/10569/login>

 <javascript:>

Remote Work

The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be
assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work
location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the
office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and
coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.

Equal Employment Opportunity

Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated
to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any
other protected characteristic.