[Nfbktad] Facebook Accessibility

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 13 12:51:29 UTC 2013

This was helpful. I have had a couple of problems that they don't address.

When I try to post to Facebook using the full site, I get a method about a
slow-operating script and am asked if I want to continue with it. I am using
IE8, and that may be the problem. I have tried to update my browser, and
other things get messed up on my computer. Perhaps, using a different
browser would help this, and I have Chrome and Firefox.

Second, I have not found an easy way to unfriend people. When I try to do
this, I just get into a very confusing menu. What I think would be helpful
would be to see ones list of friends and either check or uncheck those I
want to unfriend.

I use Socialeyes. I love the interface, but it has limitations. GW Micro
says they are a result of limitations posed by Facebook itself. It only
shows about the last 26 messages unless it is kept open all the time. I have
not been able to get friends lists, except my, own, from it. I don't seem to
be getting complete profiles when I do a search for a user.

Writing statuses is easy, and so is reading comments, though following
links, such as YouTube videos can be tedious.

The Friend Mail is another tool I have used. Its problem is the inability to
be set to eliminate pictures. Therefore, email messages become very large.
When I have 200 messages to go through and try to reply to one, I often get,
"Windows Mail cannot be started because another copy is already running."
After several tries, I can sometimes send the reply.

Those are my thoughts.