[Nfbktad] Free Webinar

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Sun Feb 10 03:37:48 UTC 2013

Greetings Fellow TAD Members,

I want to take this opportunity to inform you of a free webinar put on
byEqual Access to Software Information(EASI).

I had the pleasure of studying under Dr. Norman Coombs, proprietor of EASI,
earning my certification in Assistive Technology Information this pastJune.
Dr. Norman Coombs is a blind professor who taught at the Rochester Institute
of Technology for many years prior to establishing EASI. Let me say that Dr.
Norman Coombs is a true champion with regard to ensuring electronic
information is accessible to all. EASI can be found at: http://www.easi.cc.

Regarding the webinar - EASI free Webinar science courses can be accessible
Emerging Trends in the Full Integration of the Blind and Visually Impaired
in Science Education Monday February 18

presenter: Cary A. Supalo, Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Illinois
State University Times 9 Pacific, 10 Mountain 11 Central and Noon Eastern
This presentation will discuss new methodologies being used in science
classrooms to promote increased student engagement in the science laboratory
classroom for students with visual impairments. Further, new access
technology solutions and suggested teaching strategies that have proven to
be beneficial to a student with a visual impairment will also be presented.
Specifics as to the types of curriculum modifications and their successful
implementation in the secondary and post-secondary science laboratory
courses will be described.

students with disabilities frequently avoid science classes, and schools
often discourage those who want to take such courses. This is no longer
necessary.

Both the faculty and the students need to be aware of the tools and
techniques which can bridge this chasm.

Read more and register at:

http://easi.cc/clinic.htm/#february <http://easi.cc/clinic.htm/>