[Nfbktad] Trying to use the computer with just a Keyboard

April Brown aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 11:56:41 UTC 2013

Following advice, I've tried to learn to use a computer with just a
keyboard.  I don't get it.  I can't open or close anything.

With the trial JAWs program, I tried to use both Firefox and Safari with
just the keyboard. I had the 11 page keyboard guide open.  And none of the
commands worked on either browser.  They worked in Word and PDF.

I have no idea what "key" I am missing.  I am sure it is some silly
something that I'm supposed to toggle on or off to do it, and everyone else
in the world knows how without being told.

So far, the biggest problem I can see with JAWs, other than not being able
to configure it for the browsers, is the volume.  With my massive hearing
loss as well, and the volume at 100%, it sounds like a whisper.  Is it worth
my time to learn this program, if I can't hear the speakers?  My hearing and
comprehension is rapidly decreasing.  I'm going to ask on the deaf blind
group what they use.

April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.

---