[Nfbktad] Nfbktad Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:49:16 UTC 2013

I would say then, if you still want to be a writer, that you will need to
hire someone to your typing. There are many accessible audio recorders out
there and you should be able to find one that is big and heavy enough to
keep it in place so that you can operate the keys.

Perhaps you could learn to type in braille. A perkins brailler should be
heavy enough to not move around on you (it is very much like the type
writers I learned to type on in high school, a big clunky machine that would
probably break your foot if you actually picked it up). Of course, if you
compose your stories in braille, you will still need a way to get them into
an electronic format for submissions.

You might try the writers list to see if anyone over there can come up with
other alternatives for you to get your work into the computer. The last time
I was over there, they had members using computers, audio only, and braille
notetakers. I'm sure some of them are probably using their phones now.

Respectfully,
Cindy

End of Nfbktad Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

---