[Nfbktad] Exporting MP3 Files From DropBox to Other Apps that Can Play Them

Todd scorpio62 at windstream.net
Wed Oct 9 01:45:57 UTC 2013

Thanks so much, Terrie!

Cheers,

Todd

From: Nfbktad [mailto:nfbktad-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Terrie Terlau
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:09 PM
To: 'NFB of Kentucky, Technology Assistance Division'
Subject: [Nfbktad] Exporting MP3 Files From DropBox to Other Apps that Can
Play Them

Hello TAD folk,

I use an app called Speed Up Pro to read and speed up mp3 book files. With
Melanie Peskoe's huge help, I have finally been able to export mp3 files
from DropBox to Speed Up Pro. Here are the steps.

1. Double tap the mp3 in DropBox and it will play;

2. flick to Add to  Favorites and double tap. Then the button changes to
Remove from Favorites, so you know you have added the file as a Favorite
correctly. As a Favorite, the file plays from your device and not from the
web.

3. Let file continue to play 3-5 minutes. Then look at the Export button. It
is no longer dimmed.

4. Double tap the Export Button.

5. Flick through your apps that can play MP#3 files  till you come to the
one you want, in my case, Speed Up.

6. Double tap the app you want to export to.

7. After a second, the file stops playing in the native app and starts over
in Speed up. I assume it will start over in whatever app you chose. Downcast
is also supposed to have a speed feature for playing podcasts and mp3 files.

Hope this helps. My huge thanks to Melanie who told me most of this process.

Best,

Terrie Terlau