[Nfbktad] Code Factory Enhances Blind and Visually Impaired Accessibility for Windows Phone 8

Code Factory Marketing marketing at codefactory.es
Tue Oct 15 09:14:49 UTC 2013

Logo Code Factory

Code Factory Enhances Blind and Visually Impaired

(15/10/13) Code Factory Enhances Blind and
Visually Impaired Accessibility for Windows Phone 8

Terrassa, Spain, Microsoft enlists the help of
Code Factory for mobile accessibility

Code Factory, developers of software solutions
for the blind and the visually impaired, has
announced today that their Mobile Accessibility
suite of apps will support Microsoft’s Windows
Phone 8. Mobile Accessibility for Windows Phone 8
will be offered free of charge in the Windows
Phone Store. Blind and visually impaired users
will be able to access and enjoy their devices
within a suite of accessible apps  for the most
common wireless tasks. Along with basic
functionality of calling and contacts management,
users will have access to emails, web browsing and messaging.

Code Factory CEO Eduard Sánchez explains: “We are
very excited to see that Microsoft has decided to
count on our input and knowledge of the field of
accessibility for the blind and visually
impaired, based on 10 years of experience
developing accessibility services for mobile
devices.  Combining Code Factory’s expertise in
mobile accessibility with Microsoft’s uniquely
personal smartphone to enable Mobile
Accessibility for Windows Phone 8 has been a very enriching experience.“

“I am extremely excited to have Code Factory as
part of our rich Windows Phone developer
ecosystem.  Code Factory has done an incredible
job of bringing their Mobile Accessibility
experience to Windows Phone,” said Darren
Laybourn, corporate vice president, Windows
Phone, Microsoft Corp. “Code Factory’s history
and expertise of developing products that
eliminate barriers to accessibility in mobile
technology made them the obvious first choice for
us to work with.  We are delighted that Mobile
Accessibility, with its suite of apps designed to
make Windows Phone easier to see, hear, and use,
is now available for Windows Phone 8 to address
the needs of our blind and visually impaired customers.”

Mobile Accessibility gives access to six simple
and intuitive apps that will increase user's productivity on everyday tasks:

·          Phone app to place and answer calls, and manage your call log

·          Contacts Manager app for managing
contacts from users’ Microsoft Account

·          Messaging app to compose and read SMS messages

·          An easy-to-configure email app, compatible with IMAP

·          First-class accessible web browser

·          Settings Manager to configure the app
details and notifications to fit each user's needs

For more information, feel free to contact Code Factory S.L.:
Code Factory, S.L., C/ Major 19, 2-3, 08221
Terrassa (Barcelona)
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=2163268&msgid=253430&act=A9KI&c=1030778&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.codefactory.cat%2Fhelpdesk%2F>HelpDesk,
www.codefactory.es Code Factory, S.L. - 2013

This message was sent to dandrews at visi.com from:

Code Factory, S.L. | Major, 19, 2-3 | Terrassa, Barcelona 08221, Spain

Email Marketing by <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
iContact - Try It Free!