[Nfbktad] Still Trying to figure out NVDA

April Brown aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 14:41:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

     I am still trying to figure out how to use NVDA.

     I have downloaded some tutorials, and could not hear them because they
were male low toned voices.  What little I could comprehend, they didn't
tell me how to open a page and get it to read.  They kept listing long lists
of keys.

      I can partially get it to work in Word documents.  I can roll over a
paragraph and get it to read that paragraph.  Sometimes, if I get lucky, or
unlucky, it will read one line at a time, and then I can push the down
arrow, and it will read the next line.  If I can't read along, I can't tell
when it has reached the end of the line.  And like today, when I would check
my email, and go back to the complicate Word document I am trying to have
read to me, it would jump back up two or three pages.

    If I open Outlook, and try to get it to read a message, it will read the
subject, sender, receiver, and date.  It will not read the message.

     I have almost the same problem with Firefox.  I can occasionally get it
to read a line, or part of a line of text on a website, if I position the
cursor just right.  If I try to use the down page button, it jumps every
which way.

     What am I missing?  How can I get it to read from the top of a Word
document (email, web page) to the end?

Thank you,

April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.

---