[Nfbktad] Film On

Kevin Pearl via Nfbktad nfbktad at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 20:50:59 UTC 2014

I just read the following and thought I'd share.

We're big fans of cord-cutting here at Lifehacker, but you still occasionally miss broadcast TV, especially sports. FilmOn is a way of watching broadcast TV online for free.

FilmOn includes a variety of TV stations based in the US as well as international stations. The free version of the service includes standard definition broadcasts and embeds ads before you can watch. For an additional $9.95 a month, they provide a higher quality stream as well as the ability to save shows for later watching. Both the paid and free versions of the service have the original broadcast TV ads as well.
Similar to broadcast-to-online serviceAereo, FilmOn's long-term legality is questionable and it's been ordered to shut down. Until that time, catch broadcast TV online for free at the link below.

FilmOn Live TV

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. NFB.ORG