[Nfbktad] Find and download user manuals for any device out there at Central Manuals. All for free, Dan's tip for February 9 2015

Gatton, Tonia (OFB-LV) Tonia.Gatton at ky.gov
Thu Feb 19 19:27:54 UTC 2015

Forwarded Message:

Find and download user manuals for any device out there at Central Manuals. All for

free:
(The title the list does not cover "all devices out there" as said above.  However, it was quite helpful in my case as shown below.) actually is not totally true since

>From the Site:
Unless you can think of a clever way to store them<http://lifehacker.com/5933951/create-a-binder-for-instruction-manuals-and-receipts>, user manuals are kind of a hassle to keep around. When you find yourself in need of one, however, Central Manuals lets you find and download them for free in the PDF format.
Create a Binder for Instruction Manuals and Receipts <http://lifehacker.com/5933951/create-a-binder-for-instruction-manuals-and-receipts>

You can look up just about any instruction manual online, but since many products come with a...Read more Read more <http://lifehacker.com/5933951/create-a-binder-for-instruction-manuals-and-receipts>
Let's face it, most of us throw these things away unless we're totally clueless about a particular product. With Central Manuals, there's no need to worry because their collection of manuals is extensive. You can search by type or brand, and they have practically everything covered. There are manuals for cameras, camcorders, smartphones, mp3 players, tablets, eBook readers, smart watches, activity trackers, and video game consoles. You can even find instruction manuals for software. You can start finding the manuals you need at the link below.
http://www.central-manuals.com/
Dan's experience looking for a digital camera manual using System access, JAWS, NVDA and Window-eyes.

1.  Visit the above link.
2.  Arrow down to "brands" and hit enter.  Alternatively, One could use the "links list mode" of a screenreading software and hit the letter b for "brands.
3.  If using a screenreading software, hit the letter H twice to reach the heading of " Choose the brand of your equipment."
Mouse users can move the pointer down to the same heading.

Below the heading mentioned above is an extensive list of brands from  A through g.  Below the last g brand listed " GreatCall" are three links to the pages of brands.  The first page covers A through G.   Page two covers brands starting with H through P.  and finally, Page three includes Q through Z
5.  I was in search of  a manual for a Hewlett-Packard  digital camera.  So I chose the second page link and found " Hewlett-Packard" by using link list mode and press the letter h until reaching my choice followed by hitting enter.  Mouse users can just click on the " for Hewlett-Packard" link.
6.    On the new page I located the link for " Instruction Manuals for HP Digital Cameras & Film Cameras" and hit enter.
7. I then located the " C-500 - Quick Start Guide" by arrowing down through the page.  I relize that was a long way.  However, I want to explore what else was available.
8.  Next I hit the applicationkey and entered on "save target as" I was offered to save a pdf file.  That is fine since in my case I have a converter and JAWS 16 will read pdf files.
After tapping enter on the "save target as" I navigated to my manuals folder and enter it by tapping enter.
9.  Lastly, I pressed alt plus the letter s.
My anti-virus software did a brief security check and all was done.
Hope my experience will help someone else find the manual needed.'
I do wish there were manuals for assistive software and devices available on this site.
I have sent a request for this option to the developers.
hitting enter