[Nfbktad] Cards That Talk

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Sat Apr 9 17:21:18 UTC 2016

This sounds so troublesome to use. But I'm passing it along in case it would be useful for someone.
Introducing Cards That Talk, a Product That Makes Playing Cards Accessible Through QR Codes and an iOS App

Hello Applevis users

We are QR Speak, LLC. We have developed playing cards that are easier to use for the blind. Our application, "Cards That Talk", was developed for our family member who could no longer read braille due to a physical limitation and recently lost his vision. We developed this app to read a code that is printed on the back of our special deck of cards. These cards are smooth, professionally printed and easy to shuffle. The app "Cards That Talk" can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple App Store.

These custom playing cards are available to be purchased from our webpage "www.qrspeak.com" and will be immediately shipped to your door.
They cost is $15 plus shipping. We will give away free decks of cards with shipping to the first 5 people (limit one per person) in agreement that you will give a review of the product and app here and in the Apple app store. Thank you in advance for helping us spread this valuable technology to the blind community.

How it works
-Place your apple device (compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod) in an elevated location i.e. a stand, so that the rear camera is facing the table
-Launch the app and press the start scan button
-Place the back of the card under the camera of the device so the card is face side down and the value of the card will be read to you.(a headset, wired or bluetooth, can be used for privacy)
-Once the app is in scanning mode, it will continuously scan every card back that is visible to the camera without having to touch the device to scan the next card.
-Enjoy playing cards again.

The app is compatible with voiceover and will also work with a bluetooth braille display.

Please visit our website www.qrspeak.com or email us any questions you may have at susan at clevelandhuber.com

In order to receive one of the 5 decks of cards for free please email me directly.

The first 5 email responses that agree to do a review of the cards and app on AppleVis and in the Apple App store will be selected for the free decks of cards.