[Nfbktad] FW: If you are interested in the world of digital reading,

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 4 14:35:39 UTC 2018

From: George Kerscher [mailto:kerscher at montana.com]
Subject: If you are interested in the world of digital reading,

then you are invited to learn more about a crowd source initiative
that will improve the reading experience for everybody, and
especially those with reading differences.

The DAISY Consortium, a member of the W3C and the Book Industry Study
Group (BISG) is conducting evaluations of reading Apps and ereaders
in the market today. The evaluation examines the fundamental
accessibility and usability of the reading apps (all platforms) or
devices; many people we are looking for will be using Assistive
Technology, like a screen reader to perform the tests. However, we
are also looking for anybody with a reading difference or
universities and schools that are interested in helping to develop
the best reading experience possible.

We have set up a landing page that explains exactly what we are
doing, and it provides an opportunity to get involved.

Please visit:

<https://www.inclusivepublishing.org/tre>https://www.inclusivepublishing.org/tre

Please forward to those you feel may be interested.

Please excuse us if you get this more than once.

Best

George

George Kerscher Ph.D.

-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.

Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium

<http://www.daisy.org>http://www.daisy.org

Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech

<http://www.benetech.org>http://www.benetech.org

President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)

<http://www.idpf.org>http://www.idpf.org

Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)

<http://www.imls.gov>http://www.imls.gov

Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division
of the W3C

<http://www.w3c.org/wai>http://www.w3c.org/wai

Phone: +1 406/549-4687

Cell:+1 406/544-2466