[Nfbktad] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Brightens your Winter

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Fri Feb 9 16:42:27 UTC 2018

Good Morning, Everyone:

FYI!

Todd

NFB-NEWSLINE Adds New Publications!

To brighten your winter months, NFB-NEWSLINE announces the addition of
several new publications:

We have added EBONY Magazine. EBONY is the number one source for an
authoritative perspective on the African-American community. EBONY reflects
the cross section of Black America as delivered by our best thinkers, our
trendsetters, our activists, celebrities, and next-generation leaders. EBONY
ignites conversation, promotes empowerment, and celebrates aspiration. They
are the heart, soul, and pulse of Black America and a catalyst for
reflection and progression.

We have also added Science Daily and Scientific American Online. These are
both breaking news sources. Science Daily aggregates press releases and
publishes lightly edited press releases (a practice called churnalism) about
science, similar to Phys.org and EurekAlert! It was founded by a married
couple named Dan and Michele Hogan in 1995.

Scientific American was founded by inventor and publisher Rufus M. Porter in
1845 as a four-page weekly newspaper. Throughout its early years, much
emphasis was placed on reports of what was going on at the US Patent Office.
It also reported on a broad range of inventions including perpetual motion
machines, an 1860 device for buoying vessels by Abraham Lincoln, and the
universal joint which now can be found in nearly every automobile
manufactured. Scientific American Online was launched in 1996 and includes
articles from current and past issues, online-only features, daily news,
weird science, special reports, trivia, "Scidoku," and more.

Lastly, we have added Hollywood Reporter, another breaking news source. The
Hollywood Reporter (THR) was founded in 1930 and focuses on the Hollywood
film industry, television, and entertainment industries, as well as
Hollywood's intersection with fashion, finance, law, technology, lifestyle,
and politics.

To find EBONY Magazine using the telephone access method, press seven off
the main menu for Magazines. To find Science Daily, Scientific American
Online, or Hollywood Reporter, choose option five for Newspapers in Another
State and then option one for Breaking News. You can read these publications
using the iOS app by choosing Publications, Publication Options, and then
All Publications and searching for your publication of choice.

We hope you enjoy these exciting new additions to the service.

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team