[Nfbktad] Last Call for 2018 NFB Kentucky Job Fair Preregistration

Todd scorpio62 at windstream.net
Wed Oct 10 15:36:57 UTC 2018

This is the last call for the 2018 NFB of Kentucky and Community Partners
Job Fair preregistration! No, it really is; the deadline is today, 10/10 to
preregister for this event!!

We are pleased to announce the 2018 Job Fair for the visually impaired at
the Hilton Garden Inn Northeast, 9850 Park Plaza, Louisville, KY. 40241.

Let me encourage you to go online to register for the Job Fair sponsored by
the NFB Kentucky Technology Assistance Division (TAD), Entrepreneur Division
and our community partners in the Kentucky Office for the Blind and
Kentuckiana Works. This fair is free to those who preregister prior to
October 10th. At the door, it will cost you $5.

Project CASE staff will be available for one-on-one career advising for any
interested conference participants. Project CASE is an innovative Career
Pathways initiative through the Kentucky Office of Vocational
Rehabilitation. This grant has forged important relationships with
employers, opening doors to job shadowing, internships, and facility tours.

We have received commitments from the following employers: Advantum Health,
Humana, Kentucky Business Enterprises (KBE), Kroger, LC Industries,
Louisville Gas & Electric (LG&E), Mortenson Family Dental, Parallon,
Spectrum, The Census Bureau, UPS, and Work Well Industries. This is quite a
list of employers who are excited about meeting you!

This is your opportunity to attend a job fair that is specifically
interested in hiring the visually impaired! How many job fairs have you
attended where you knew the scales were not balanced; you knew that the
playing field was not level; you knew that the potential employer was not
very interested in hiring someone with a disability? Well, now is your
opportunity to change this by participating! The unemployment rate among the
visually impaired is ridiculously high. This will not change if you sit on
the sidelines.

Please make your plans to be with us on Friday, October 12th from 9 AM to
1:30 PM at the Hilton Garden Inn Northeast in Louisville, KY. For more
information visit us at www.nfbkentuckytad.info
<http://www.nfbkentuckytad.info%3chttp:/www.nfbkentuckytad.info>
<http://www.nfbkentuckytad.info> and look under the heading, Announcing 2018
Job Fair. In this section, you will find the agenda and a link to
participating employers. Most importantly, you will find the link to the
registration form.

On behalf of the TAD and Entrepreneur Board of Directors, our business and
community partners, we are looking forward to visiting with you on Friday,
October 12th.

Respectfully,

Todd

Todd E. Stephens, President