[Nfbktad] Nearby Explore with Indoor Explorer

Todd Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Wed Oct 10 20:22:56 UTC 2018

Good Afternoon, Everyone:

There might have been some confusion about the technology that we will be
using developed by APH called Nearby Explore with Indoor Explorer. So let me
provide some information for you.

The blind will have the opportunity to navigate the Hilton Garden Inn
Northeast this coming NFBK Convention weekend by utilizing technology that
was developed by APH for the blind to maximize independence in travel! For
those of us who choose to download and install the app on our smart phones,
we can experience this technology enabling us to explore the confines of
this hotel, independently. Beacons have been set up in the hotel that will
interface with the app. Please reference the following link for a
description and short video clip:
https://www.aph.org/nearby-explorer/indoor-explorer/

Best,

Todd