[NFBKTAD] Obituaries in Louisville Courier Journal

slerythema at gmail.com slerythema at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 22:31:14 UTC 2021

Just as a heads up (I usually have this problem several times a year with the News and Tribune), obituaries are becoming shorter in length in the paper and I have seen several now that simply direct you to the funeral home website. This is what is in the obituaries on the paper’s own website. Especially during covid, many are not able to have funerals or they are limited and no visitation. The cost for obituaries has risen quite a bit and many families are choosing to omit them or place a few words to direct you to the funeral home website.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that even when they return, you may only get the name and dates. My paper increasingly has just name and death date while there is at least one full obit every few days that lets me know it isn’t necessarily a problem I need to report to newsline. We like to know if neighbors have passed that we don’t necessarily keep in contact with but would definitely send a card (because we can’t go to any visitations that might be happening).

Your friendly PSA 😊,

Cindy