[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] FW: NFB TLC chapter meeting reminder and new membership survey info

mary jo hartle mjhartle23 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:15:21 UTC 2014

  _____

From: mary jo hartle [mailto:mjhartle23 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 4:52 PM
To: jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com; swhite at nfb.org; Tom and Eileen Rivera Ley;
Bruce Wong; Chris Nusbaum; Jim Cabezas; Lazar, Jonathan; latonya phipps;
Lauren Wheatley; Dyer, Marsha; maryellethompson008 at comcast.net; Melissa Ann
Riccobono; Melissa Treaster; Michael Bullis; Nicole Fincham; Tom and Eileen
Rivera Ley; tmbratcher1999 at yahoo.com; kuhn.ingrid at gmail.com;
donaldtkuhn at gmail.com; jwhite at nfb.org; jacheadle at msn.com; bacheadle at msn.com;
davidb521 at gmail.com; mlgreen79 at gmail.com; 'Aloma Bouma'; ttatum at nfb.org;
Aaron Richmond; MADHU BHALLA; Andrew Hager
Cc: 'mary jo hartle'
Subject: NFB TLC chapter meeting reminder and new membership survey info

Hi all,

 This is just a reminder that the NFB TLC chapter meeting will take place on
Thursday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m.  The meeting will be held at the Image Center,
300 E. Joppa Rd. in Towson, Suite 312.  I will include directions to this
location below as it is still a bit new and we will have some new members
joining us this month.  Please note that there will be slices of pizza
available for $1/slice prior to the meeting beginning at 6 p.m. (Proceeds
will go to the chapter treasury)   this is a great opportunity for you to
get a little dinner and socializing in before our meeting begins.

Secondly, we have an exciting meeting planned and hope to save some time at
the end for the formation and meeting of committees.  Here is a list of the
committees we would like to start.  Be thinking where you'd like to serve
and what ideas you can contribute.

Membership

Community Outreach

Chapter Programs and Events

Legislation

Communications

Fund Raising

Additionally, we have created a survey which will also serve as a membership
application.  Please take some time before Thursday to complete and submit
this survey.  This will help our chapter board get a better sense of what
you as chapter members would like to see us accomplish.  WE will be
discussing some of the sections too as a group on Thursday.  The survey can
be found at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nlNMzYI3oz3RWmNbJ4_Q30l4pTTaJqOAtCD_1cxqcc0
/viewform?c=0
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nlNMzYI3oz3RWmNbJ4_Q30l4pTTaJqOAtCD_1cxqcc
0/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link> &w=1&usp=mail_form_link

      Lastly, we have created a chapter listserv.  If you have not already
joined it, I'd invite you to do so so you can stay up-to-date on chapter
communications.  You can also post your own inquiries  here.  You can do
this at:

Please feel free to share this info with others who may be interested in our
chapter news.

Thank you and I hope to see a great turn out this week!

Sincerely,

Mary Jo Hartle

NFB TLC Chapter President

Directions to the Meeting

To those of you planning to attend the TLC Chapter meeting on Thursday, here
is some information about transportation.

Bus numbers 11, 48 and 55 stop right in front of Hampton Plaza, the location
of the IMAGE Center.

Be aware that if you take the 48 bus, it will go to the end of its route at
the Mall and then your stop will be the first one on the way back toward
Baltimore.

If you are taking the 3, 8 or the 12, you will get off at the Towson Circle.

Joppa road heads East from the circle.  If you cross to the north side of
Joppa Road you will head East and walk for approximately three blocks,
although there are no actual streets with names, although they do have
traffic.

There are two entrances to the mall and five other driveways prior to
reaching Hampton Plaza.  If you get to Fairmount Avenue, you've gone too
far.  Turn around and go back to the main steps into Hampton Plaza.  There
is also a ramp on the left side of the steps for those of you who may need
it.

When you enter Hampton Plaza you will pass into a courtyard.  Turn left and
as you walk, on your left will be a series of doors.  The door that will be
unlocked will be the accessible door with a metal stanchion sticking out
that holds the automatic door button.  Go in that door and head straight
into the elevator bay.  Take any elevator to the 3rd floor.  Turn right out
of the elevator and right again at the main hallway.  The IMAGE Center,
Suite 312, is located on your right about 75 feet down the hallway.  On the
right side of the door there is a brailled sign as well as a lockbox.

Marshals will be present to provide guidance because it's complicated.  We
constantly have people getting lost.

Driving

If you're driving to the IMAGE Center from the North, turn left on Fairmount

Avenue and turn right on Fairmount Avenue.   Yes, the road turns but doesn't

change names.  Continue to Joppa Road and turn right again.  Hampton Plaza
will be on your right.  Enter through the main driveway and take a parking
ticket so we can validate.  As you face the building, offices are on the
left and apartments are on the right.  You want the offices.  Continue to
the 3rd floor and turn right.  Turn right again find Suite 312, down the
hall about 75 feet on your right.