[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Good News!

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 21:36:25 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Many thanks to the 25 members of various chapters from the NFBMD plus all of
our Center staff who were planning to go to the Amazon protest in New York
City.  Read our National President's message below to see why the protest
was cancelled for the time being.  We look forward to progress on making
sure that blind students will have equal access to education.  We stand
ready to do whatever is needed to reach this goal.  Thanks again.  Here is
the message:

Dear Colleagues,

Based on information we have received from the New York City schools, I have
decided to postpone our planned protest for tomorrow. Therefore, everybody
can plan on the usual work schedule for Wednesday. We can celebrate the fact
that we have gotten the district's attention although much more work is
needed on this issue and our public demonstration may become necessary in
the future. Finally we will have an official public statement regarding this
matter, but feel free to share this news with members and friends who were
planning to attend the protest.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

Sharon Maneki, President