[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Food, Fun, Philosophy and Friendship: Activities for Students in Ocean City

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 02:12:07 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Federationists:

As I write this, we're two short weeks away from the 49th annual convention
of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland-a time of information,
inspiration and fellowship which will empower all of us to live the lives we
want and continue to transform dreams into reality. As students, we are a
vital part of the work of the Federation. For this reason, your MDABS
Convention Planning Committee has been hard at work planning a wide array of
activities just for students which will be packed with learning, empowerment
and a whole lot of fun! Here's what we have planned just for you in Ocean
City:

Business Meeting:

As always, the focal point of our activities at convention will be our
annual business meeting, which will take place on Friday, November 13 from
2:00-4:00 PM. We have a jam-packed agenda planned for this exciting seminar,
including: remarks from a blind chemistry professor who shows that blindness
is not what holds you back from participating in science at the college
level, an informational presentation on the ABLE Act and how it benefits
blind students, a panel of successful blind college students who will share
their experiences in higher education, and much more. We are excited to
welcome to Maryland the Secretary/Treasurer of the National Association of
Blind Students, Kathryn Webster, who will be providing us with an update on
what NABS is doing at the national level and how you can get involved.
Please see the attached agenda for more detailed information on all the
dynamic presentations we have scheduled for this meeting.

Would you like to get your registration done ahead of time, skip the lines
and get into the meeting early? Thanks to the hard work of our national rep,
Kathryn Webster, that's now possible! For the first time, we have made a
preregistration form
<file:///C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\Bills%20from%20Chris>  available
which will allow you to register for our business meeting ahead of time. You
need only pay your $5 dues at the meeting, and you'll be ready to go. We are
asking that everyone who is planning to attend the meeting fill out this
preregistration form, whether or not we already have your contact
information. Just click on the above link, follow the prompts,, and contact
me with any questions.

Luncheon:

But that's not all! On Saturday afternoon, November 14, we will hold a
special luncheon just for students. This will be a time for you to relax and
get to know our members and leaders in an informal setting. We will also
hear from our national representative, Jeannie Massay, as well as our NABS
rep, Kathryn Webster. These dynamic ladies will share their personal stories
with us, emphasizing how the Federation has changed their lives. We are sure
that this will be an inspiration to us all. Oh, and did I mention free
pizza? That's right, I said free! All students are welcome, so come take
part in the food, fun and friendship!

If you have any questions about activities for students at the NFB of
Maryland convention, please write to me at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com. We look
forward to an exciting convention filled with opportunities to learn,
network and have a great time building the Federation. See you in Ocean
City!

Live the life you want,

Chris Nusbaum, Chairman

Convention Planning Committee

Maryland Association of Blind Students

Chris Nusbaum, Vice President

Greater Carroll County Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

Vice President, Maryland Association of Blind Students

Board Member, National Association of Blind Students

Coordinator of Social Media, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @NFBMD

blindness is not what holds you back.