[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] FW: [Greater-Baltimore] MTA offering half priced passes in June for launch of BaltimoreLink

Ringlein, Ellen ERinglein at nfb.org
Wed May 31 12:23:44 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Greater-Baltimore [mailto:greater-baltimore-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Cheryl Fogle-Hatch via Greater-Baltimore
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:18 AM
To: NFB of Maryland Baltimore Chapter Discussion List
Cc: Cheryl Fogle-Hatch
Subject: [Greater-Baltimore] MTA offering half priced passes in June for launch of BaltimoreLink

The press release below has details on MTA's half priced June passes and fares as well as free rides from June 18-30 for the launch of BaltimoreLink.

Free Rides Offered for Two Weeks on Local Bus, Express Bus, Light Rail and Metro Subway to Celebrate BaltimoreLink

FOR IMMEDIATE:

MDOT MTA Riders Offered Free Transit Service June 18-30

BALTIMORE, MD (MAY 24, 2017) – The Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA) will offer two weeks of free transit rides June 18 through June 30 as part of the official launch of BaltimoreLink. Free rides will be offered on Local Bus, Express Bus, Light Rail and Metro Subway.

BaltimoreLink is Governor Larry Hogan Administration's multi-phase plan to create an interconnected transit system by redesigning the entire local and express bus systems throughout Baltimore. It adds 12 new high-frequency, color-coded bus routes to improve connections to jobs and to MARC Train, Metro Subway and Light Rail. BaltimoreLink transforms Baltimore's half-a-century-old and outdated transit network with implementation of bus-only dedicated lanes, installation of transit signal priority, construction of a transfer hub network, rebranding and replacement of more than 5,000 transit signs, expanded commuter bus service, new shared bicycle availability, access to car-sharing options and more.

In advance of the BaltimoreLink official launch on June 18, New Express BusLink launched suburb-to-suburb service in June 2016 and new expanded Commuter Bus service in the summer and fall of 2016, with additional improvements coming this spring.

"We are committed to transforming our transit system to better connect our riders to jobs and our various transit modes to help ease congestion in the Baltimore area," said MDOT MTA Administrator and CEO Paul Comfort. "We encourage everyone to try our new system by riding free of charge for the first two weeks. This new system will be a dramatic improvement that will give residents choices to leave their cars at home and ease congestion on our streets."

During MDOT MTA's free fare period June 18 through June 30, the June monthly pass and all CharmCard® 31-day passes will be half-price.
These reduced fare
passes can be purchased May 25 through June 24. During this time, weekly passes will not be sold.

Half-price fares will be offered at all MDOT MTA ticket vending machines, through online ticket sales, at the MDOT MTA Transit Store and at all walk-in MDOT MTA ticket vendors.

MDOT MTA is one of the largest multi-modal transit systems in the United States operating Local and Commuter buses, Light Rail, Metro Subway, Maryland Area Regional Commuter (MARC) Train service, and a comprehensive Paratransit (Mobility) system. MTA also manages the Taxi Access system and directs funding and statewide assistance to Locally Operated Transit Systems (LOTS) in each of Maryland’s 23 counties, Annapolis, Baltimore City and Ocean City. MDOT is a customer-driven leader that delivers safe, sustainable, intelligent and exceptional transportation solutions in order to connect our customers to life’s opportunities. MTA’s goal is to provide safe, efficient and reliable transit across Maryland with world-class customer service. To learn more, visit mdot.maryland.gov or mta.maryland.gov, check us out on Facebook at http://facebook.com/mtamaryland
 and follow us on Twitter
@mtamaryland

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Greater-Baltimore:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/greater-baltimore_nfbnet.org/eringlein%40nfb.org

-----
No virus found in this message.

Disclaimer