[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Eat Some Pancakes and Support Blind Students!

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:23:24 UTC 2018

Good evening TLC!

You have all been cordially invited to a restaurant fundraiser at the International House of Pancakes at 6820 Loch Raven Blvd. on Monday, April 23 from 4 to 9 PM to support the Maryland Association of Blind Students!

MDABS has embarked on a quest to hold numerous fundraisers across the state this spring, and in Towson, we are proud to work with iHop to support the programs and activities of our division. All you have to do is RSVP tonight by using the link below and clicking “commit to eat and show up on Monday, April 23 between 4 and 9 PM, and simply tell the cashier that you would like to participate in our fundraiser during that time, and 20% of the proceeds from your purchase will be donated to MDABS!

We welcome friends, family, members, and everyone who wishes to come out and support the work we do. In the past year alone, we have helped to host a weekend-long seminar at the Jernigan Institute for students all over the mid-Atlantic region, brought 10 students to the annual convention of the NFB of Maryland many for the first time, and begun holding monthly calls completely open to our membership to get students involved at a grass roots level.  Every purchase made during this fundraiser will help us continue these efforts to empower blind students and build their confidence, so please consider coming out and supporting us with your favorite pancakes!

Please find the event RSVP link below. We look forward to dining with you on April 23!

RSVP link:
https://www.groupraise.com/events/60333

Ellana Crew, President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
443-758-7211
nfbmd.org/students
facebook.com/mdabs.federation
@MDABS_NFB

The Maryland Association of Blind Students knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind students because low expectations create obstacles between blind students and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.