[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Winter Reading Challenge Wrap-up

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Tue Feb 5 16:10:31 UTC 2019

Good morning!

Well, we have finished with the Winter Reading Challenge! We are truly
humbled and delighted by the response to this challenge. The support shown
for this program is astounding and very humbling. Thank you to everyone who
participated, to everyone that supported, and to everyone who shared in
this great event. You are amazing!

I wanted to share the final numbers with you for LBPH:

   - 128 readers registered
   - 65 individuals tracked
   - 379 badges have been earned
   - 24 book reviews were written
   - 240, 758 minutes were read

Our initial goal was 50, 000 minutes - we beat that by 4.8 times!

The top 3 books read by LBPH patrons:

   - Finding Serendipity - read 28 times
   - Call of the Wild - read 23 times
   - Diary of a Wimpy Kid - read 21 times

Across the country, individuals read 10.3 million minutes and 146K books!

We will let you know where LBPH fell in national rankings when the final
numbers are released. Prize notifications for raffle winners are going out
soon, so keep an eye out. They will be sent individually.

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.