[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Correction: Going Blind Movie Discussion

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Mon Apr 20 16:32:20 UTC 2020

Hello.

Please see the revised statement below. The following correction has been
made:

*The movie is only available for FREE until April 30th. Additionally, the
discussion will be on May 4th at 6:30 PM. *

LBPH is excited to share that we will be having a facilitated discussion
with the director of Going Blind, Joseph Lovett, and the Lovett
Production's Manager, Jordan Hawkes. This event will be held via
teleconference and will feature patron submitted questions.

*Patrons are encouraged to watch the film Going Blind by April 30th. The
following Monday, May 4th, join us for a film discussion with the director
of the film, Joseph Lovett. *

Movie summary:
*GOING BLIND is a documentary film by Peabody Award-winning
producer/director Joseph Lovett, that looks at each aspect of vision loss:
detecting, treating, and coping. Joe Lovett has glaucoma, a disease that
robs 4.5 million people worldwide of their vision. After years of slowly
losing his sight, Joe decides to take action: to investigate how people all
over the country respond to vision loss. His search begins in his home of
New York City with people Joe meets on the streets, and gradually leads him
to places and people around the country, all of different ages and
backgrounds. Each has a fascinating story about dealing with the vision
loss caused by sight-robbing diseases, infections, and accidents.  *

*To watch the film:*
Original Version:
https://vimeo.com/316603259

With Captions:
https://vimeo.com/404572911

With audio descriptions:
https://vimeo.com/404572911

To submit up to 3 questions for the facilitated discussion, please click
here: https://forms.gle/gZS1tG4omqZnPewU8
<https://forms.gle/gZS1tG4omqZnPewU8>

*Then join us Monday, May 4th at 6:30 PM via our teleconference line: (319)
527-4994 to listen to the facilitated discussion*.

If you have any questions, please let me know off the list!

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.