[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Urgent Action Needed on Tuesday February 4

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 30 14:29:20 UTC 2020

Colleagues,

Are you planning to vote in the election to replace Congressman Cummings on
Tuesday, February 4?  NFBMD needs information about your voting experience.
Please answer the below questions and send your response off-list to me at
<mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> nfbmd at earthlink.net.  Do it as soon as possible
after you vote so that we get your best recollections.  This is another step
that we must take to end voting segregation in Maryland, so it is very
important that you help.  Please ask your sighted friends, neighbors, etc.,
about their experience, too.

*	Where did you vote (polling place)?
*	What time of day did you vote?
*	Once it was your turn to check in, how long did the entire voting
process take you?
*	What did the poll worker say to you when you checked in in terms of
your options for voting?
*	Was the poll worker able to explain how to use the ballot marking
device (BMD) to you?
*	Was the BMD set up and working when you were ready to use it?

*	If not, what was the problem?
*	How long did it take to resolve?

*	Anything else we should know about your voting experience?
*	Before 2/4, please ask sighted individuals voting in this election
to keep track of what poll workers say to them in terms of their options for
voting (e.g., are they directed only to hand-marking paper ballots or given
the choice of using the BMDs? How was that choice phrased?)

*	Please list these voters' names, contact info, and, if you know,
what they were told by poll workers.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.