[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Upcoming Teleconferences!

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Mon Jul 13 13:15:20 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
Below are two amazing programs/events being hosted by LBPD, and we'd love
to have you!

 Make sure you indicate if you are attending as part of the Summer Library
Program!

Storytelling with Jane Dorfman
Jane Dorfman is a performing member and president of Voices-in-the-Glen and
a member of the National Storytelling Network and on the program committee
for the Washington Folk Festival. As a Children’s Librarian, she knows the
importance of reading and listening. Her programs are age-appropriate and
build in lots of opportunities to join in the telling. She will be hosting
an event for LBPH/LBPH patrons on how to craft their own stories. Learn to
tell stories that inspire, entertain, engage, and advocate.

July 15, 2020
6:30 PM
Held via teleconference; registration required:
https://forms.gle/rVfZQ84kdhWm785LA

Storytelling through Food with Dr. Williams-Forson
Dr. Psyche Williams-Forson is an Associate Professor and Chair of the
Department of American Studies at the University of Maryland College Park.
She is an affiliate faculty member of the Theatre, Dance, and Performing
Studies, the Departments of Anthropology, African American Studies, Women’s
Studies, and the Consortium on Race, Gender, and Ethnicity. She will be
here to discuss how food plays an important part in how we identify and
tell our stories.

July 22, 2020
6:30 PM
Held via teleconference; registration required:
https://forms.gle/a2CXrGnoL7ncztVM8

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best,
Ashley
--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.