[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Upcoming events at LBPH via Teleconference

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Mon Mar 30 18:54:23 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that LBPH has TWO upcoming events being held via
teleconference:

*Saturday, April 4 at 10 AM  *
*Technology User Group Meeting*
Dial-In: 319-527-4994
No advanced registration required.
A look at text scanning apps like Seeing AI, Voice Dream Scanner, and KNFB
Reader. Seeing AI:  Seeing AI is an artificial intelligence application
developed by Microsoft for iOS. Seeing AI uses the device camera to
identify people and objects, and then the app audibly describes those
objects for people with visual impairment. Voice Dream:  After the initial
release in February 2012, customer emails started coming in. They said that
Voice Dream Reader made a difference in their lives, requested new features
that would make it even better. What started as a hobby turned into a
full-blown obsession. Spring and summer came, days got longer, and he
continued working on it. By the fall of 2012, Voice Dream Reader became
widely regarded as the best product in its category.
KNFB Reader: The K-NFB Reader is a handheld electronic reading device for
the blind. It was developed in a partnership between Ray Kurzweil and
National Federation of the Blind. Additional Information:
http://bit.ly/MDLBPHTUG

* April 8, 2020, @ 6:30 PM  *
*Vitamin D: What You Need to Know  *
Vitamin D. We've all heard of it. But what is it? It's often called the
Sunshine Vitamin, but what does it actually do for us? Join Dr. Mona Habibi
for a discussion on the role of Vitamin D in our body. Learn how Vitamin D
is produced, discuss the best time to have our Vitamin D levels checked,
and how to supplement it when it is low. Register here:
http://bit.ly/UMETelCon *Registration is required for attendance. *

*Other Teleconference Events are found here:*  http://bit.ly/LBPHTelCon

If you have any questions, please let me know off the list!

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.