[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Going Blind - Discussion Follow up

Ashley Biggs -LBPH- ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov
Thu May 7 16:12:28 UTC 2020

Hi everyone!

Thanks to those who were able to join us Monday night for a great
discussion with Joseph Lovett, the director of the film Going Blind, and
Jordan Hawkes, Manager of Lovett Stories and Strategies.

If you are interested in resources, such as assistive technology, braille
instruction, low vision services, please feel free to reach out to me. I've
linked some in the document attached, for reference, but there are so many
that it's impossible to share them all!

I have also included a link to the recording of the discussion if you'd
like to listen. You can find it here: ://fccdl.in/md8SIU3cB3
<https://fccdl.in/md8SIU3cB3>

I encourage you to take a few minutes to visit the Going Blind Movie
website: https://goingblindmovie.com/. This website offers many resources,
outreach guides, and more.

You can find out more about the efforts that Lovett studios by watching
"There Is Something You Can Do." Find the video link here:
https://vimeo.com/182858884; if you choose, you can also connect with Mr.
Lovett's nonprofit organization, A Closer Look. That can be found here:
http://www.acloserlook.org/. A Closer Look is a campaign started by Mr.
Lovett and his associates to bring awareness to critical medical conditions
across the world.

You can watch a follow up with Joe by visiting this link:
https://vimeo.com/266385815

If you have any questions, would like more information, please connect with
me off-list!

Best,

Ashley

--

*Ashley M. Biggs*
*Marketing & Outreach Librarian*

410-230-2430 (office) | 667-209-1563 (cell) | 410-333-2095 (fax)
ashley.biggs1 at maryland.gov

http://www.lbph.maryland.gov

Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three-question customer experience survey.