[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Join Us for the October TLC Chapter meeting: Monday October 18 at 7 PM

Hindley Williams hbwilliams16 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 14:43:49 UTC 2021

Hello All,
We hope you will join us for our October TLC Chapter meeting on Monday
October 18 at 7 PM via Zoom. We will be joined by Denise Avant in
honor of Blindness Equality Achievement Month. Denise has been a
member of the NFB since 2005. She became president of the Illinois
affiliate in 2014, and was elected to serve as a member of the NFB
National Board of Directors in 2017. That same year, Denise retired
from an illustrious career, having worked for the public defender's
office in Cook County, Illinois for 30 years. Denise writes:
"Ultimately, we must all work to continue to change the low
expectations and negative attitudes that society has about the
abilities of blind people. Laws are important, but our real goal has
to be changing hearts and minds." Please join us on Monday for the
opportunity to hear more from Denise.
Here are the Zoom details:
Topic: October TLC Chapter Meeting
Time: Oct 18, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82275473935?pwd=c1NnUXV5aHAvYi9VUTA3TUhXL1I0QT09

Meeting ID: 822 7547 3935
Passcode: 459255
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82275473935# US (Washington DC)
+16465588656,,82275473935# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)