[NFBMDTLC-Chapter] Deadline Extended: Focus Forward: NFB of Maryland Convention Registration and Hotel Deadline Extended to October 22

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Thu Oct 21 03:19:44 UTC 2021

All,

We have learned that due to the delays with postal delivery, many individuals who prefer to register via hard copy form only received their mailed convention bulletin in the last few weeks though we sent them out in late August.  As a result, we are extending the pre-registration deadline through October 22, 2021.  Where possible, please register online or complete and email back the attached registration forms to expedite processing, as who knows how long it’ll take the Postal Service to return completed forms to us.  The link for online registration is below.  The convention bulletin is also attached.

 <https://nfbmd.org/convention/register> 2021 NFB of Maryland state convention online registration

Or copy the below URL into your browser.

https://nfbmd.org/convention/register

Focus Forward!  The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland State Convention is Coming!

*         Date: November 12 to 14, 2021

*         Place: Holiday Inn Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor, 105 W Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201

*         Make hotel reservations on or before October 22, 2021 by calling 410-347-5707. Room rates are $94 per night plus tax.

*         Registration on or before October 22, 2021 = $20 per adult and free for kids 16 and under

*         Registration after October 22, 2021 = $25 per adult and free for kids 16 and under

*         Meet our keynote speaker and National Representative, Julie Deden, Executive Director of the Colorado Center for the Blind.

*         Explore opportunities through special workshops for parents and teachers of blind children, blind merchants and entrepreneurs, and students. Check out our technology workshops and more.

*         Examine new products at the exhibit hall on Friday.

*         Help us raise expectations for ourselves and for officials who manage services for the blind.

To preregister, visit:

 <https://nfbmd.org/convention/register> 2021 NFB of Maryland state convention online registration

Or copy the below URL into your browser.

https://nfbmd.org/convention/register

For information about the convention, including sponsor and exhibitor information, agendas, and seminar and workshop information, please visit https://nfbmd.org/convention.  Information will continually be added over the coming weeks.

Please join us for what promises to be a fun-filled and productive weekend.

If you need assistance registering, please contact me or your chapter president.

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.