[nfbmi-talk] High Priority: sample letter to a bookstore/third e-mail of three

Mary Ann Rojek brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 01:19:31 UTC 2008

            Subject: Partnership with National Federation of the Blind
Message body:
Dear <name of Community Resource Manager>:
My name is <name>, and I am writing on behalf of the National Federation of the Blind
of <state>, <local chapter name>. I am specifically contacting your business because
the campaign about which I am writing pertains to literacy.
On January 4, we in the National Federation of the Blind plan to celebrate the 200-year
anniversary of the birth of Louis Braille. This event will serve as a huge kick-off
of our national campaign to promote literacy across the country. In addition, our
organization has worked with the congress to mint a special commemorative coin to
honor Louis Braille, and we would like to use this opportunity to bring attention
to the staggering illiteracy rate among the blind in the
United States.
For the purposes of <your city name>, I am contacting you to gauge the possibility
of holding an in-store event. I am envisioning something similar to the tables you
have set up around the holidays, but instead of wrapping gifts, our organization
would be happy to distribute literature pertaining to Braille and blindness, and
give periodic demonstrations of reading and writing Braille. Such an event would
provide a positive branding image for your company, and would enable us to spread
the message of Braille's impact on our lives.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to discuss this further, you can
contact me either through email, or by calling me at <current phone number>.
I look forward to working with you.
Yours Sincerely,
<name>