[nfbmi-talk] FW: OAKLAND COUNTY PARKS OFFERS GOAL BALL FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Fri Apr 10 16:44:43 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Michigan Comm for the Blind Vision 20/20 List
[mailto:MCB2020-L at LISTSERV.MICHIGAN.GOV] On Behalf Of Brunhilde Merk-Adam
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:33 PM
To: MCB2020-L at LISTSERV.MICHIGAN.GOV
Subject: OAKLAND COUNTY PARKS OFFERS GOAL BALL FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED

Help get our students moving again--please distribute to your students and
families.
Let's see if we can get active groups going again so that we can have
tournaments...?

And special thanks to Mary Beth Cullen for networking to make this
opportunity happen.

Note:  This is open to all--not just students in Oakland County.
brunhilde

OAKLAND COUNTY PARKS OFFERS GOAL BALL FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED

            OAKLAND COUNTY - Oakland County Parks announces a new program
for individuals with visual impairments.

            Goal Ball Clinics are scheduled on Fridays, April 24, May 29 and
June 26 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. at John Grace Community Center in Southfield. To
play, participants are blindfolded. Teams compete by throwing a ball with a
bell into the opponent's goal, then listening for the bell sound to judge
the ball's location.

            Clinics are open to players ages 6 years and older, with or
without visual impairments.  Clinic includes 30 minutes of instruction plus
one hour competitive play.

Cost: $3/week, payable at the clinic. For information or registration, call
(248) 858-7596.

            For event listings, discount offers and more, visit
www.oakgov.com/parksrec.

                                                            -30-