[nfbmi-talk] FW: [vendtalk] Swine Flu

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Sun May 3 03:02:30 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: vendtalk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:vendtalk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Kevan Worley
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:07 PM
To: bridget at blindmerchants.org; Tim.Hutchins at worleybci.com; 'Mike
crazyog at peoplepc.com; DhrrJo at aol.com; done.hudson at att.net;
hickey3131 at comcast.net; hnlhoover at acsol.net; jackriley07 at hotmail.com;
Jdmakers at aol.com; kevanworley at blindmerchants.org; pdolphins at hotmail.com;
ppichardo at adelphia.net; rick_penny59 at msn.com; rotweilers2007 at comcast.net;
srightsell at juno.com; stevedmasters at aol.com; tattoad at msn.com;
vendcrew at msn.com; wsclinton at peakpeak.com; 'Alaska Nelida Irvine'; 'Barbara
Skinner'; Brenda Morford; 'California John Westbrook'; Campbell, Brenda G.,
CFB; 'Connie Zanger'; David Lamb; 'David Wright';
David.Marks at mdrs.state.ms.us; Davis, Tiffani H. (DHS); 'Delaware Michael
Williams'; dhsvr36 at dhs.state.il.us; Gaye Mattke; Georgia Rajaunnda Gandy;
Idaho Lisa Van Ry; Iowa Roger Erpelding; James Millward; 'Jim Pearson';
Jinks, Gregory A; Keith Cross; 'Kennedy, David H.'; Marilyn Morgan;
Massachusetts William Cunninghan; Michael Elliott; 'Michael Hooks (TX)';
mike.hanes at rsc.state.oh.us; 'Minnesota Stan Nichol'; Mississippi Bob
McDonnell; Missouri Larry Branson; Moore, Steve (OCFS); Nevada Michael
Coleman; New Jersey John Klein; 'New Mexico Christine Nieto'; North Carolina
Clay Pope; 'North Dakota Mike Beck'; Oklahoma Preston Bryant; Oregon Ray
Milojevich; 'Otis Stevenson'; 'Pennsylvania Mark Frankel'; Ray Dennis;
Robert Anderson; Samuel Hubbard; 'South Dakota Jeff Kisecker';
STeeter at dhs.hawaii.gov; 'Stephen Johnson'; Terry Smith;
tim.poole at state.co.us; Utah Kenna Arcury; Vermont Nancy Darcy; Washington
Jeanne Gallo; Wisconsin Joseph D'Costa
Subject: [vendtalk] Swine Flu

 Greetings Friends and Colleagues,

I would note that there are now 2 swine flu cases reported in Colorado. I
know that many of you are out ahead of the curve in terms of providing
supervision and targeted training in safety and sanitation to blind
merchants and all staff. However, redoubling and retripling our effort will
keep our customers healthy and keep our staff at work. You may wish to
review the following tips.

Tips for Infection Prevention

1.      Wash hands with soap and water thoroughly and often - at least 20
seconds, and rinse theme with clean water.

2.      Turn off the faucet with a paper towel, not with your clean hands!

3.      Dry your hands with a paper towel or use an air dryer.

4.      Use a paper towel also to operate the door knob or door handle.

5.      Alcohol-based hand-sanitizers are recommended for customers and
employees during this time. As usual, they are to be used after proper hand
washing.

6.      Avoid crowds and minimize person to person contact

7.      Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze

8.      If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper arm or
sleeve

9.      Turn your face away from others around you

10.  Put used tissues into a waste basket

11.  Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing

12.  Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes

13.  If you have flu-like symptoms, tell your manager and stay home from
work.

vendtalk:
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/vendtalk_nfbnet.org/f.wurtzel%40comcas
t.net