[nfbmi-talk] The Louis Braille Coin Education Set

Jim Prather james.prather at comcast.net
Fri Nov 6 14:12:24 UTC 2009

Hi Federationists,
    Yesterday, I received in the mail my Louis Braille Education Set, which has a Louis Braille dollar in a protective case (which I won't open.) It has the inprint of both sides of the coin and has a powerful quote from Helen Keller among others.
    I love the quote "Braille brings literacy, independence and productivity to the blind." which is at the bottom of the left-hand side as you open the set up; this is a very true statement.  I'm glad that, 45 years ago in Buffalo, NY, I learned Braille when the system said that I wouldn't amount to anything; this was true for many of us back then and we became overcomers.  Bless our Convention this weekend in GR.

James (Jim) "Turtle" Prather
MSB Class of 1974
CMU Class of 1980

"Red and White Flow on Forever."  (from School Alma Mater)