[nfbmi-talk] small victory for Nick and I!

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 15:52:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

The lights are not so hard, you only need to work to space the wires evenly.
I usually start at the bottom and go across the lowest tier of branches.
Keeping in mind that no one will see the rear of the tree, you only need to
have lights on the portion of the tree that faces the room.  Go from left to
right or right to left and then go up 1 or 2 or 3 branches depending on the
size of the tree and the number of lights you have.then go back across on
that tier of branches and then up an even amount so that the space between
the first tier of wire is even with the space between the second and third
tier and so on until you reach the top.  There is a little trial and error
involved here, since you want the end of the last string to be as near the
top as possible.  I sometimes have to make a couple or 3 tries to get
everything spaced out.  The lights are already evenly spaced along the wire,
so there is no concern on that point.  You can do it.  The idea is to have
lights on the tree that face the room and go from top to bottom and left to
right.  Once you think of that, it is not too hard to figure out how to make
it happen.

I have no doubt you and Nick can do it.  Give it a try.

Warmest Regards,

Fred