[nfbmi-talk] Macy's Shop for a Cause

Diana Mohnke d_mohnke18 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 18:00:16 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

For those who are planning events for October Meet the Blind
Month I would like to draw attention to an easy fundraiser.  Macy’s Shop for a Cause is being held on
October 17 this year.  With this
fundraiser you sell shopping passes that can be only used on October 17 for $5
each that can be used in any Macy’s store.
The shopping pass gives special discounts and specials in the
store.  The nonprofits keep all the sales
of the passes.

To register visit: www.macys.com/shopforacause and
click on the sign up link near the bottom of the page.  You first have to create an account by
providing an e-mail and creating a password.
Then it asks you to select a local Macy’s store by first selecting a
state from a combo box and then listing stores by links.  After selecting a local store an application
will appear.  It will ask for
organization name, address, executive director contact information, SFAC
contact information and your organizations EIN number.

I hope that more chapters take advantage of this
fundraiser.  It is fairly easy and your
chapter will keep all of the money sold from the shopping passes.

Diana