[nfbmi-talk] fundraising concept

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 00:12:16 UTC 2010

Well it isn't really clear but I'll be willing to put a buck down on July
26, 2010. I just like the date as it is the 20th anniversary of the
Americans with Disabilities Act.

I'll also put another buck down, if I may on July 4 as that is Independence
Day.

I would have put a buck down on yesterday, April 20 as that was Hitler's
birthday, but fortunately hindsight, as they say is 20-20 and I sure don't
wish to wait until next April 20.

Anyway I still think it would be a great fundraiser and could work kind of
like the Super Bowl pools.

Aside from picking the date we might try to come up with some sort of
scoring mechanism. You know something like blind Michiganders 55 and Pat
Cannon zero.

Seriously though, and not to make light of the situation Michigan is on real
hard times and the longer he is in power the harder the times are going to
be.

Even with his resignation we'll have to rebuild the system and that will
take a lot of hard work and effort. And because the economy is so bad we're,
realistically going to have to do more with less.

Those are the sad realities, but I think that the citizens of this state,
including all citizens who are blind regardless as to affiliation or lack
thereof are up for the fight once things do come to light.

Peace with Justice,

Joe