[nfbmi-talk] reiterated ada complaint

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 15:35:18 UTC 2010

August 6, 2010

Re: DELEG ADA complaint – inaccessible documents

Patrick Cannon, State of Michigan ADA Coordinator

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I have yet to receive a response to the attached ADA complaint let alone compliance from you or anyone at DELEG. This stands as yet another complaint against you for your utter non-compliance and your lack of a timely response. The ADA just turned twenty years old as you know. How long should we people with disabilities await compliance from Michigan State entities?

People who are blind deserve and have the same right to access documents such as these at the same time afforded the sighted public.

Frankly, sir I’m outraged by this and other violations of the ADA and 504 by another blind person who heads the MCB and who is also the State of Michigan ADA coordinator.

As I’ve long ago sent you out relevant regulatory citations and free technical assistance on this and other matters I must assume that these acts of discrimination are not only “deliberate indifference” to known obligations, but also discrimination with malice of forethought.

I would greatly appreciate it if you remedy this and other complaints forthwith.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.