[nfbmi-talk] CAP Contract

Christine Boone Christine_Boone at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 14:58:48 UTC 2010

Here-Here!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbmi-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbmi-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of joe harcz Comcast
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 9:44 AM
To: NFB of Michigan Internet Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfbmi-talk] The word is Accessible

Now, here I not only agree in part Fred, but one hundred percent. I think
that we should intervene the next time the CAP contract comes up to request
an alternative entity take over that job.

I found CAP's lack of responsiveness to your, John's, and Advocates for the
Blind in the summer 2008 meeting (that was the famous bullet proof drape
meeting) appalling.

Fact was MCB was non-responsive to consumers and so was CAP.

Fact is that Advocates for the Blind had to take it to the picket line to
get MCB's and CAP's attention to systemic service delivery issues.

And how did they get responded too? Well as you and all know with paranoia,
and with intimidation.

So much for Cannon's boastful open and responsive MCB eh?

CAP should have figured out there were systemic issues right then and there.

After all they were well represented at that meeting of which I have the
minutes and the complete audio. Weren't they listening?

That question is definitely answered by their lack of responsiveness and
system relief to this very day.

Keep at 'em Fred!

Peace,

Joe