[nfbmi-talk] Bridgewalk Information

melinda latham youthslammi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 13:24:00 UTC 2010

Greetings,
We are two weeks away from the biggest event of the summer.  The Michael Seay Memorial Bridge Walk is Sept 3-6.  I want to take a few seconds and give information out to those of you who are going and those who are interested in what we are doing.

First point:  the event is full for adults, however, i am looking for about three more youth to go.

next:  we will be meeting in Lansing at 8 am on the 3rd.  The meeting address is 1212 N Foster Ave,, the Wurtzel's.
We will then travel to Dearborn and pick up that crew.  We are meeting at 10:30 am.   at the Senate Coney Island 3345 Greenfield rd.   We will be eating brunch there.  We will be leaving at 11:30.  Even if you are not planning on eating please be at the Senate by 10:30 so that we can get the buses loaded and be ready to leave on time.

We then will head north and pick up a few people on our way up.
We will stop somewhere half way and for an hour or so and stretch our legs and give the drivers a break.  We will also have a lunch , early dinner somewhere in the Gaylord area.   There will be opportunities in between dearborn and Gaylord to get food if you need too.  Also, the buses will be stocked with snacks and water.

Saturday we will take our boat tour and explore the city.  We will have dinner at Antlers restaurant.   We should have a ton of fun.    On Sunday we will head out of town and explore a few spots on Lake superior, still working out the details on that.   I do know that Sunday will be full of sun , fun, and food.  Monday we will walk the bridge and come home.

Things to remember:

Please arrive and your pick up location on time so that we can TRY to stay on schedule.  People leaving from Lansing this is extremely important.  We have some work to do before we leave, so come ready to work.

Remember, that a lot of this weekend will be spent outdoors so come dressed for the weather.  I recommend layers.    Also, make sure you have comfortable shoes to wear.

Things to Bring:
Weather appropriate clothing
shoes, maybe a few pair
camera
sunscreen
towels for the beach
medication

Things we are still looking for donation or to borrow :
coolers
Crock pot
bottled water
food that travels well.  For example, if anyone is interested in making some cookies I know a few people who'd love you forever.
snacks for the bus

Other matters:

If you have any food allergies or special diets please let Fran Monhke know she is in charge of the food for the weekend.  Also, if you have any ideas as to what we should eat for a meal they need to be directed to her.  Her email address is: mohnkef at michigan.gov.

Also. if you haven't paid yet please make every effort to get payment to me at the board meeting on Aug 28th.  If that is not possible for whatever reason, let me know.

One last note:  we have about 42 people going with the bus drivers.  Please bring your patience. As I learned last year it takes awhile to more a group of that size.

Please, if you know of people who aren't on the NB listserv and they are going pass this on.  I have most people's emails but not all.  Thanks.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call me.  517 505 1637
MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI
517.5051637