[nfbmi-talk] back to our roots in understanding issues with mcb

Mary Ann Rojek brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 22 15:33:25 UTC 2010

Thank you for sharing this article.  The following statements remain true
today:
The challenge is real; the need is urgent;and the responsibility is ours.
Enlightened professionals in the governmental and private agencies can and
will

help, but they cannot and should not be expected to lead the way. Likewise,
sighted friends who believe in our cause and know what we are doing can give

invaluable assistance; but again, they cannot and should not be expected to
furnish the impetus or provide the leadership. We as blind people must do
that

job for ourselves. Do it we must, and do it we will! We have set our feet on
the road. We have begun to march. We have taken up our positions at the
barricades,

and we shall not rest or quit until the job is done.

Mary Ann