[nfbmi-talk] doesn't this still say something is wrong here?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 22:33:56 UTC 2010

August 24, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

After my signature line please find the url and the monitoring reports conducted in FY 2009 on 18 state agencies by the Rehabilitation Services Administration. Now, also note the absence of only two state agencies. They are Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) and the Michigan Commission for the Blind (MCB). Both agencies have denied myself and others information relative to this monitoring in stark violation of both the Federal and Michigan Freedom of information Acts, let alone their requirements to make transparent their programs and services (and information related to them) under The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as Amended and obligations to remit this information under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 in accessible format to this blind person.

But, the mere fact that as of this date Michigan stands alone in these regards relative to the other sixteen monitored agencies speaks not for the alleged malfeasance of RSA, as Mr. Patrick Cannon stated at the last MCB meeting, but rather starkly it goes to glaring compliance issues of MCB and MRS. That is plain on its face. Moreover, I’ve learned along time ago while a newspaper reporter that those government entities that try to hide something indeed have something to hide. This is why we the people have a right to know about the operations of state and federal agencies. This is why we have a variety of transparency laws, sunshine laws, including state and federal FOIA.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/rehab/107-reports/2009/index.html

EVALUATION OF PROGRAMS

RSA: FY 2009 Monitoring Reports on the Vocational Rehabilitation and Independent Living Programs

Required under Section 107

For fiscal year 2009, eighteen agencies in twelve states were reviewed.

Please take a moment to participate in a

survey

about RSA's performance on the FY 2009 monitoring of Vocational Rehabilitation agencies.

California

download files

MS Word

(463K) |

PDF

(472K)

Updated as of December 24, 2009

Indiana

download files

MS Word

(657K) |

PDF

(615K)

Updated as of March 17, 2010

Iowa

download files

MS Word

(987K) |

PDF

(1.0M)

Updated as of February 19, 2010

Kentucky

download files

MS Word

(523K) |

PDF

(490K)

Updated as of January 21, 2010

Massachusetts

download files

MS Word

(743K) |

PDF

(641K)

Updated as of December 16, 2009

Michigan

Report will be uploaded in the near future. Please check back.

Updated as of March 18, 2010

Missouri

download files

MS Word