[nfbmi-talk] doesn't this still say something is wrong here?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 02:42:39 UTC 2010

And they still continue to violate the State Plan requirements, including
the requirement to release data to the public and to hold public hearings.
Know one knows what they are doing and they are required to be open,
transparent, accessable and accountable not only to the blind, but to the
RSA and to the taxpayer.

Cannon's behavior is more and more violative of known law and obligations
and more and more recklessly out of control.

The three law suits filed against the commission alone shold tell us that
much, let alone the abuses you rightfully cite here Fred.

Moreover, the abuses long standing in the BEP program are coming to light
where even this commission has rightfully overturned the corrupted
violations of due process by ALJ Meade and, of course Zanger, Hull, Cannon,
Heibeck, et al.

I think I've figured some of that out and would look at how set asides have
been increased to innapropirately be used in cash matches... They hae
escalated the sources of these types of things to keep the ship from
sinking.

Note all of these things increased since 2005 (and you can read it between
the lines in the minutes and MCB Reports at that time)...

Several things happened that year or just prior.

One is Larry Best died and he was both honest, open and knew about
financials.

Two during 2005 the RSA regional monitoring teams were being dismantled and
oversight on all agencies wained to say the least let alone technical
assistence.

Then Cannon started the rabid push to accelorate the cash match and tird
party agreements with an almost religious fervor...

In fact that became a huge component of all training of knew staff which can
be seen also on the MCB web site.

I know our cashed strapped state was becoming more and more loathe or unable
to meet its federal share for VR programs, but the easy money through
innappropriately done cash match and other agreements was apparently too
much for Cannon, et al to avoid.

Problem is that when the proverbial stuff hits the fan who will be hurt? Yup
you got it...People who ae blind or otherwise disabled in this state of
Michigan.

What a legacy for this ancien regime eh?

Simply, we must stop the bleeding and reform this renegade system.

Joe