[nfbmi-talk] official request for information and accommodation

Christine Boone Christine_Boone at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 13:24:38 UTC 2010

If I could say something to Mr. Cannon at this time, I would say this:

No matter how often you repeat a set of words put together in a sentence,
the words need to mean something in order to constitute the truth.

I have heard Pat Cannon say that the Michigan Commission for the Blind will
err on the side of openness, for nearly 4 years now and the statement is no
more true today than it was when first he uttered it.

If this agency errs on the side of openness, how is it that neither the
Commission chair nor any member of the Board had any knowledge of the
existence of a document called the State Plan, as late as March of 2009? And
only learned about the State Plan at that time because the Commission chair
was participating in the RSA monitoring visit and the monitoring team
naturally addressed that document?

The State Plan is only the most important document that a state vocational
rehabilitation agency prepares every year.  It is almost impossible for me
to imagine how it could even be possible for a Commissioner to be unaware of
the existence of this document after serving for no less than 9 years on the
Board in March of 2009.

I could go on...in fact, I could go on for so long that I could bore the
socks off of every reader of this list if I mentioned only a fraction of
everything that is secretized and sanitized within the Michigan Commission
for the Blind.
...so I shall stop here.