[nfbmi-talk] FW: [stylist] Life as Blind Journalist in Afghanistan

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 11:06:03 UTC 2010

Hello List,

awesome Article
As a people's movement, the NFB's response to blindness is universal.  I
suspect that this journalist has never heard of the NFB, or at least had not
heard of it when he decided not to let blindness prevent him from excelling
in his chosen profession.  Given the daily news and our, possibly
misinformed, understanding of social conditions in Afghanistan, imagine the
internal fortitude of this person.  I can personally relate to the anger
generated by the negative comments of ignorant uninformed people about our
abilities as blind people.  He, and hopefully I, have learned to use this
anger in a positive way to create change and make a positive difference.

Warmest Regards,

Fred