[nfbmi-talk] Questions About MCB Board Correspondence

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 01:17:19 UTC 2010

Hello Christine,

It is this checks and balances thing that has me a bit concerned. I noticed that during the Commission meeting that they acknowledged the email that was sent as part of the college policy committee including Pat Cannon as Board correspondence. However, none of the other emails that were exchanged as part of this committee were designated as Board correspondence, nor was the official Board correspondence that I sent strictly to the Commission Board.

I found it rather odd that the Board was willing to acknowledge an email I sent just a few short days prior to the meeting, and yet at the same time they failed to acknowledge and email I sent just a few days after the March meeting. Then it dawned on me as to why this may have taken place. It seems to me that when I send Board correspondence strictly to the Board then it is not recognized at the meeting. However, if Pat Cannon is included as a recipient of the correspondence, then it is recognized at the meeting. I believe this observation could serve as evidence that Pat Cannon is undermining the integrity of the Commission Board.

Elizabeth