[nfbmi-talk] FW: Sad news, a Division member has passed

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Mon Dec 13 04:19:59 UTC 2010

  _____

From: Robert Leslie Newman [mailto:newmanrl at cox.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:44 PM
To: writers nfb
Subject: Sad news, a Division member has passed

I received the following news:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Tracy Soforenko <PotomacNFB at verizon.net>

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:55:31 -0500

Subject: [Nfbv-announce] Sad news

To: nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org

>From Brian Miller:

Dear federation friends and family:

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Priscilla
McKinley, a former chapter member of the NFB Potomac chapter, and the
Virginia affiliate.  Priscilla passed away the night of December 11.

She died quietly in her sleep, at home, with people who loved her.

She would never confess her age, so neither will I.

Priscilla was a long time federationist, joining the NFB in 1996.  She was a
two-time national scholarship winner.  She earned her doctorate from the
University of Iowa in 2007, and has a number of publications to her credit.

She is survived by her son, John, who lives in the northern Virginia area.

Information about funeral arrangements and memorial services will follow
once they are finalized.

Yours,

Brian Miller

Nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org