[nfbmi-talk] took months to fire him

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Dec 31 00:00:36 UTC 2010

The APH, and the Kentucky School for the Blind of which he was alumni
president for years were supposed to do background checks. However, as one
of the articles alludes he was convicted prior to 1991 and the kentucky
State Sex Offendors registry was and, still is out of date and with no
entries prior to 1992 or so.

Anyway I'm digging more on this issue because I do think there have been
some coverupsalluded to after his March 2010 new indictments ...

I can only concludee that as he was not fired until late October. At very
least he should have been put on Administrative leave.

It is also important to note that again he was active with KSB and actually
officed right next door.

He also was active on the State Rehabb Council and with the Kentucky
Counclil of the Blind.

Now, everyone deserves his or her day in court. And I do not blame any
organization for being affiliated with him when things were unknown. But, I
worry about hush ups like what went on in some churches, and facilities for
people with disabilities for years.

The best anecdote for this type of thing is openess and putting in
safeguards.

By the way I do have some level of compashion for this fellow as a human
being for he apparently was assaulted and molested while a student at the
Kentucky School for the Blind decades ago. That is sad, and it is often the
case that those who were molestors become molestors themselves. My
compashion does not, however extend to allowing this cycle to continue.

It means he should be kept away from children period and at a bare minimum.

Anyway these are very good questions.

I'm sorry that I am weeping with anger over this sad affair.

Joe