[nfbmi-talk] Fw: [Nfb-kzoo] Meeting minutes and reminder

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Wed Jan 20 13:29:44 UTC 2010

Here's what's going on in the zoo.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler and Leanne Merren" <tmerren at charter.net>
To: <Nfb-kzoo at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:46 PM
Subject: [Nfb-kzoo] Meeting minutes and reminder

Hi all, I have attached and pasted below the minutes from our meeting in
November.  This Thursday, January 21 is the third Thursday of the month, and
we are planning to meet at the University Roadhouse on W Michigan.  Please
let us know if you plan to join us.  We will have some visitors at this
meeting.  Hope to see you all there.
Thanks,
Leanne

Kalamazoo Chapter of the NFB of Michigan

Meeting Minutes

November 19, 2009

University Roadhouse on West Michigan Avenue

Present: Tyler Merren, Leanne Merren, Megan O'Rourke, Matt McCubbin and
Collin McCubbin

No agenda was followed for this meeting.

  1.. Membership dues were collected.
  B. Election of officers: Tyler Merren was elected president, Matt McCubbin
vice president, Leanne Merren secretary, and Megan O'Rourke treasurer.
Jason (J.J.) Meddaugh and Christine Boone gave permission to elect them to
the board in their absence.  They were elected as board members.
  C.  Last year's projects were discussed: goalball demonstration at
Westwood Christian Reformed Church; food for goalball tournament in February
(Saturday night pizza party for athletes and coaches, and information about
NFB was shared); library accessibility for the blind project (still in the
works); calling to get millage passed; and accessible GPS for buses (also
still in progress).
  D.  $55 was raised at State Convention via a 60/40 raffle.  Thanks to
J.J., Matt and Corda for selling tickets for the chapter!
  E.  Plans for this year: focus on building up membership; return to idea
of online survey; making meetings fun and having social gatherings.
  F.  Projects we plan to work on this year: continue with both library and
bus projects; food for goalball tournament again; fund-raising; and survey
project.
  G.  Fund-raising: brailling menus; brailling bus schedules and info.
  H.  Other thoughts and ideas: ropes at the bus depot are causing problems
for cane users, should be brought up at a transit meeting (J.J.?).  The
chapter would like to hear from Dr. Rob Wall on research that has been, and
is being done on silent cars (Megan will talk to him).  Need to set up a
visit to the MCB to give a presentation on the NFB to students, presenting
the NFB in a positive light.
  I.  Next meeting: Christmas party held at Tyler and Leanne's house on
December 17, 2009.  Members were asked to bring a friend.  Two visitors were
in attendance (Nicole Buck and John Searles.)  Members who attended were
Tyler, Leanne, Matt, and J.J.  Gifts were exchanged and all had a great
time.
  J.  January meeting will be held on January 21, 2010.  Meetings will be
held on the 3rd Thursday of every month.  Permanent meeting place has not
yet been determined.
  Respectfully submitted by Leanne Merren