[nfbmi-talk] Fw: [Nfb-kzoo] Meeting minutes and reminder

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Wed Jan 20 07:29:44 CST 2010


Here's what's going on in the zoo.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tyler and Leanne Merren" <tmerren at charter.net>
To: <Nfb-kzoo at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:46 PM
Subject: [Nfb-kzoo] Meeting minutes and reminder


Hi all, I have attached and pasted below the minutes from our meeting in 
November.  This Thursday, January 21 is the third Thursday of the month, and 
we are planning to meet at the University Roadhouse on W Michigan.  Please 
let us know if you plan to join us.  We will have some visitors at this 
meeting.  Hope to see you all there.
Thanks,
Leanne

Kalamazoo Chapter of the NFB of Michigan

Meeting Minutes

November 19, 2009

University Roadhouse on West Michigan Avenue



Present: Tyler Merren, Leanne Merren, Megan O'Rourke, Matt McCubbin and 
Collin McCubbin



No agenda was followed for this meeting.



  1.. Membership dues were collected.
  B. Election of officers: Tyler Merren was elected president, Matt McCubbin 
vice president, Leanne Merren secretary, and Megan O'Rourke treasurer. 
Jason (J.J.) Meddaugh and Christine Boone gave permission to elect them to 
the board in their absence.  They were elected as board members.
  C.  Last year's projects were discussed: goalball demonstration at 
Westwood Christian Reformed Church; food for goalball tournament in February 
(Saturday night pizza party for athletes and coaches, and information about 
NFB was shared); library accessibility for the blind project (still in the 
works); calling to get millage passed; and accessible GPS for buses (also 
still in progress).
  D.  $55 was raised at State Convention via a 60/40 raffle.  Thanks to 
J.J., Matt and Corda for selling tickets for the chapter!
  E.  Plans for this year: focus on building up membership; return to idea 
of online survey; making meetings fun and having social gatherings.
  F.  Projects we plan to work on this year: continue with both library and 
bus projects; food for goalball tournament again; fund-raising; and survey 
project.
  G.  Fund-raising: brailling menus; brailling bus schedules and info.
  H.  Other thoughts and ideas: ropes at the bus depot are causing problems 
for cane users, should be brought up at a transit meeting (J.J.?).  The 
chapter would like to hear from Dr. Rob Wall on research that has been, and 
is being done on silent cars (Megan will talk to him).  Need to set up a 
visit to the MCB to give a presentation on the NFB to students, presenting 
the NFB in a positive light.
  I.  Next meeting: Christmas party held at Tyler and Leanne's house on 
December 17, 2009.  Members were asked to bring a friend.  Two visitors were 
in attendance (Nicole Buck and John Searles.)  Members who attended were 
Tyler, Leanne, Matt, and J.J.  Gifts were exchanged and all had a great 
time.
  J.  January meeting will be held on January 21, 2010.  Meetings will be 
held on the 3rd Thursday of every month.  Permanent meeting place has not 
yet been determined.
  Respectfully submitted by Leanne Merren



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> Nfb-kzoo mailing list
> Nfb-kzoo at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-kzoo_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
> Nfb-kzoo:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-kzoo_nfbnet.org/jj%40bestmidi.com
> 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: November 19, 2009 meeting minutes.doc
Type: application/msword
Size: 22016 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbmi-talk_nfbnet.org/attachments/20100120/466bf700/attachment.doc>


More information about the nfbmi-talk mailing list