[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Weekly Tip

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:33:51 UTC 2010

Race for Independence
----- Original Message -----
From: Imagination Fund Race for Independence
To: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 1:12 PM
Subject: Weekly Tip

            Dear colleagues:

            Here is your weekly Race for Independence fundraising tip about how to make the "ask".  Talk with someone that you do business with on a regular basis.  This could be someone like the manager at your favorite restaurant, your barber or hair dresser, or someone who has provided professional services to you recently.

            Think about it.  If you have paid a bill for professional services or spent money at a particular place of business, you are in a good position to make the "ask."  These people are likely to help you because you have spent money with them.

            Over the weekend, think of five potential targets and then make the "ask".  You can do this in person and hand them a Race for Independence solicitation card.  Or you can send an email or letter.

            But whatever you do, please do something.  Some of us have raised hundreds of dollars within twenty-four to forty-eight hours, and you can too.  How did we do it?  We made the "ask."

            So, come on:  Let's race!

            Parnell Diggs, Chairman

            National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund

            Unsubscribe  |   Update Preferences  |   Visit Our Web Site  |   Tell-A-Friend

            200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230
            410-659-9314

nonprofit software