[nfbmi-talk] FW: Accessible Devices New Cooking Without Looking Show

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 01:11:16 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: a-d-bounces at accessible-devices.com
[mailto:a-d-bounces at accessible-devices.com] On Behalf Of Accessible Devices
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 2:43 PM
To: Accessible Devices List
Subject: Accessible Devices New Cooking Without Looking Show

This may interest the cooks on the list. This is all we currently know about
this.
Cooking Without Looking
Vision World Foundation is the parent company of Cooking Without Looking".
"Cooking Without Looking" is the first TV show ever produced especially for
blind/visually
impaired people.
Three hosts, Celia Chacon, Tom Fox and Annette Watkins, are blind/visually
impaired
themselves, and moderate the 30-minute show which airs twice monthly on
WXEL-TV42
PBS in Palm Beach, FL. The show will also air Wednesday evenings at 7:30 p.m
"Cooking
without Looking" is currently being prepared for national distribution on
PBS.
Guest "chefs" who are blind or visually challenged create their culinary
specialties,
giving tips on how to cook/bake, stay safe and have fun in the kitchen with
visual
impairments. Past recipes have included "Easy Cheesy Potatoes;" "Strawberry
Cheesecake
Chacon;" Jamaican Jerk Chicken & Pork; and "Phil's Fabulous Gourmet
Meatloaf."
A third segment, "Food for Thought," introduces viewers to people and
community organizations
who work with people who are blind/visually impaired. This includes guide
dog puppy
raisers; a blind pilot who received two corneal transplants and re-gained
his sight;
a blind psychologist who gave tips on preventing depression with sight loss;
new
vision technology, and MORE!
There are more than 20 half hour shows at
http://www.visionworldfoundation.net/vwd/101.html
it inthe To: line of a blank message and send it.
You may download our podcasts from this link,
http://www.accessible-devices.com/Podcasts.html
Or if you're using a podcatcher of some type the subscribe URL is.
http://www.accessible-devices.com/feed.xml
Visit our website at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Please feel free to pass this message on to a friend who might like to
subscribe.
To subscribe to Accessible Devices send a blank e mail to:
a-d-subscribe at accessible-devices.com
Just follow the directions in the confirmation message when it comes.
Please Note: Accessible Devices is not able to provide tech support for
software or products that we supply information about.